Bienvenido al Foro Oficial del VWSRT!

Para poder acceder a los distintos temas ya sea para leerlos u opinar deberás registrarte.

Para ello presiona el botón "Registrarse" de esta página, completa tus datos y ya podrás estar participando de este fantastico grupo!

Te esperamos!
Bienvenido al Foro Oficial del VWSRT!

Para poder acceder a los distintos temas ya sea para leerlos u opinar deberás registrarte.

Para ello presiona el botón "Registrarse" de esta página, completa tus datos y ya podrás estar participando de este fantastico grupo!

Te esperamos!
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

ÍndiceÚltimas imágenesRegistrarseConectarse

Full detail - Bora tdi

+13
TinchoCafre#136
chriss_17
Oz#125
daro_46
Herni#139
slays_cba
FranJR#109
emi_g4
favio1983
Fede#112
Juanma#119
Roy#137
Marcos#127
17 participantes
AutorMensaje
Marcos#127
VWSRT - Elite Member
Marcos#127

Masculino Mensajes : 1806

Full detail - Bora tdi Empty
MensajeTema: Full detail - Bora tdi   Full detail - Bora tdi I_icon_minitimeSáb Ago 08, 2009 2:01 pm

impresionantemente completo y cebador

Introduction

For the 1st time, my detailing project (away from the cars I work on at work) isn't a Vauxhall. This time, a VW Bora TDI PD 100 SE in Magic Black. Since it was supplied new by my local VW dealer in January 2004 it has covered 89,500 miles as a company car (Checking the log book, the company was also locally based). It was then traded back into the same dealer, where it was traded on to the company I work for, where I bought it as my 2007 spring/summer project.

To make things easier I have split the write up into dedicated sections. This wasn't the exact order I did everything ( ie, all the paintwork renovation, then all the wheels and arches) as I had to work around both time and weather conditions.

Before

It was obvious from the first time I saw the car this was going to be quite a project. Even though it was covered in a thick layer of dust, dead insects and bird bombs, I could easily see a fair bit of surface damage. Both front corners of the bumper skin had taken a hit and scuffed. Both mirror covers scuffed on the edges and a couple of lumps had been taken out of the side door mouldings. In the sun, swirls were showing through the dirt and what looked like a bush scratch running along most of the near side. I suspected the wheels had been curbed too, although the severity remained unknown as they were caked in thick brake dust. Turning to the interior things didn't get a great deal better. Aside from the usual dirt, grime and dead skin on the most used controls, the front centre arm rest cover was broken and one of the rear ashtray side caps was missing (both fairly common problems I have found with these). The engine bay was brown as were the door and boot shuts. The boot itself though was fairly tidy.

All in all the Bora was looking pretty sorry for itself. Mechanically its seemed pretty good though, All books present, the service book had a nice set of stamps and it did drive well. I didn't realise how well sorted these late SE spec cars are. Electric windows all round, remote locking (with flip keys, of which I have three complete with key numbers etc) Radio cassette and CD player, chilled air, rain sensitive wipers, cruise control, 16 inch alloys the list goes on! Best of all though, 3/4 tank of derv and taxed until the end of the year. Bonus!

Full detail - Bora tdi I0132790463450605
Full detail - Bora tdi I0232790583454334
Full detail - Bora tdi I0332790713459664
Full detail - Bora tdi I0432790863464132
Full detail - Bora tdi I0532791013470171
Full detail - Bora tdi I0632791153473838
Full detail - Bora tdi I0732791293478731
Full detail - Bora tdi I0832791413481879
Full detail - Bora tdi I0932791553488959
Full detail - Bora tdi I1032791693493197
Full detail - Bora tdi I1132791823497044
Full detail - Bora tdi I1232791963501378
Full detail - Bora tdi I1332792103505247
Full detail - Bora tdi I1432792233509178
Full detail - Bora tdi I1532792363513016
Full detail - Bora tdi I1632792513519080
Full detail - Bora tdi I1732792643521519
Full detail - Bora tdi I1832792783524571
Full detail - Bora tdi I2032793053530773
Full detail - Bora tdi I2132793183534973
Marcos#127
VWSRT - Elite Member
Marcos#127

MensajeTema: Re: Full detail - Bora tdi   Full detail - Bora tdi I_icon_minitimeSáb Ago 08, 2009 2:01 pm

Paintwork - initial wash & clay
First things first, find the car from under the dirt. I wasn't too fussed about the wheels at this point as they were to be removed and detailed fully later. However, clearing some of the brake dust would reveal just how scuffed they were.

First I sprayed an even blanket of neat P21S Total Auto Wash over the entire car from the side mouldings down including the wheels (within seconds the dirt on the tyres and some of the brake dust had begun to loosen and run), grille and headlights to to help loosen the fly splatter. This was left to dwell for a couple of minutes.

Full detail - Bora tdi W013805228

This was followed by foaming the whole car. For this I put about an inch of Elite Snowfoam into the spray bottle of the Gilmour. Into of this I added 3 cap fulls of CG Maxi Suds II and topped up the bottle with water. With the Gilmour on the 1:64 setting I covered the Bora in a blanket of foam. Standing back and aiming the gun slightly above the area I'm aiming at rather than directly at it allowed the foam to mix with the air before contact and gave a slightly thicker foam with more bubbles. This was then left to dwell for roughly 5 Minutes.

Full detail - Bora tdi W0238052423949269

Whilst the foam was doing its stuff, I prepared the two buckets for the wash. Using Chemical guys white buckets, I filled both with warm water, into the wash bucket I added Meguairs Shampoo Plus at a dilution radio of about the recommended 1:128. A grit guard was placed into both wash and rinse buckets.

Full detail - Bora tdi W033805257

All loose dirt and what remained of the foam was then washed away with the Karcher. This removed the vast majority of the dirt and left the Bora looking pretty clean considering what it started like. This was followed up by washing with the usual two bucket method, starting at the roof and working down. (also making use of one of L200 Steve's tips of running the Shmitt along the edge of the rinse bucket first to remove much of the dirt from the shmitt before actually rinsing). All areas below the side mouldings and also the front and rear bumpers were washed using a Megs Lambs wool mit. The Bora was then rinsed using a Metal Trigger spray from B&Q set on the 'shower' setting (as it was pretty cool and over cast day I was able to wash the entire car without the need to rinse half way). Seeing that I was to clay next I didn't bother to dry the car.

Full detail - Bora tdi W0438052683956151

Next was to clay the car. Firstly I cut away a corner of an old disposable seat cover and placed three fingers inside and used this to run over the paint surface to feel just how bad it was. Sure enough as expected, it was pretty rough. Initially I thought about going straight in with Sonus grey, but, decided to give Sonus green a try first with the view of upgrading to grey had I needed too (which I didn't). I filled a jug with warm water and cut a bar of Sonus Green into three, using 1/3 at a time and keeping the others in the warm water to keep them nice and soft.

Full detail - Bora tdi W0538052833960835

Again starting with the roof and working down the bodywork I proceeded to clay the Bora using a strong mix of Megs Shampoo plus with water in a pump spray as a lube. (Picture after just 1/8th of the roof!)

Full detail - Bora tdi W63805296

Once each panel had been clayed I rinsed down to prevent any streaking from the Shampoo. Before claying below the side mouldings on the doors and also the sides of the rear bumper I de-tared the areas with AG intensive tar remover. Applied using a Megs foam pad, left to dwell for a minute or two before removing the excess along with the remaining tar with a Megs Ultimate wipe.

Full detail - Bora tdi W0738053083966437

Everything on the car was clayed including the glass, lights etc. I treat claying as a very important step and one I will not rush. Total time spent claying, just over 4 hours and used 2 bars.

Once the claying process was completed, I re-washed the Bora again. After the final rinse, I gave the car a thin coat of Autoglym 31 - Autogloss Rinse cut roughly 100:1, then went round the car again with an open ended hose before drying using Sonus Der wonder WW towels and Megs last touch cut 1:1 as a lube.

Full detail - Bora tdi W0838053223968758

Before any work was done in the coming weeks, the Bora was washed using the same system as above except after a couple of weeks I invested in a aquagleam to help with the drying process.

Paintwork - Paintwork Renovation.

Now that the Bora was clean I was able to inspect the paintwork fully. As I suspected, there were many, many defects. The entire car had the usual swirls and light scratches. There were plenty of chips too, especially around the leading edge of the bonnet and front bumper, which to be fair I expected to see on a car thats covered this mileage so quickly. The nearside had obviously been scraped along a bush at some stage and the body coloured mouldings on this side also had chunks taken out of them. The front bumper corners had been scuffed and the rear bumper had signs of being parked up against a wall. The nearside rear quarter had been resprayed at some point (confirmed later by the PTG readings) and had plenty of buffer trails on it. The bootlid looked as though something like a briefcase had been scraped across it and both mirror edges has been caught and scuffed. Added to all this were a handful of car park dings dotted around the car.

Full detail - Bora tdi Pr0141970484269034
Full detail - Bora tdi Pr0279512517959610

Firstly I took a large number of readings with a CM8828 around the car, typically taking 6 readings for roughly every six to eight inches or so square area around the car and noting the lowest number in each area as I went. The Bora seemed to have a pretty healthy level of paint to play with and as I thought the near side quarter had been painted with readings over 50um more than the rest of the car.

Full detail - Bora tdi Pr0341970734276394

Knowing that I couldn't do much with the front bumper, I removed it along with the grilles, number plate and other trim and sent the bare bumper skin away to be painted.

Full detail - Bora tdi Pr044197088

I tried to plan each session (usually a Sunday so long as it didn't rain) and the days leading up to it I prepared the areas to be worked on, Ie. building up the paint in stone chips etc. This was especially the case for the bonnet as it was the worse affected area for chips. To make my life easier, I actually broke the bonnet up into 8 key areas. On each session I would work on one of the eight areas along with a panel or two elsewhere around the car (this was done so that I could concentrate on a bite size area and correct the chips as best I could).

Full detail - Bora tdi Pr054197100

Before each session I used a smart repair touch up bud and VW Magic Black touch up paint to build up over a couple of days all chips big enough to be touched in. I layered the paint until a 'dome' of paint appeared above the surface. Once dry I used a 3M Finesse-it hand block, with 3M 268L Finesse-it 9 micron abrasive petals with Megs Last touch as a lube to flatten back the chips that were in isolated places. Areas that had multiple touch ups close together were flattened back using Megs 2500 followed by 3000 unigrit paper (which had been soaking in a bucket of water for a couple of days to soften) with a Megs sanding block.

Full detail - Bora tdi Pr0641971144284676

Also any other deep defects Ie. the bush scratches were also much lessened if not totally removed using Megs unigrit 2500 and/or 3000 grit paper.

Before working on each area I taped up all non easily removable trim using 3M 3434 masking tape. The items that were easily removed Ie. badges and side repeaters etc were removed.

Full detail - Bora tdi Pr0741971284288490

(After setting up a test area and testing a range of products I eventually settled on the following system. Yep, it had typical VAG paint!!)

The sanding marks and the remaining swirls and light scratches were removed using a Makita with a Megs cutting pad and 3M fastcut compound. I laid out a small line of product onto the paint surface (also a couple of pea sized blobs to start with on a fresh pad to charge it). Starting at 600 rpm I angled the rotary and moved it over the line of product to take it up then laid flat to spread. Then up to 1200rpm for 2 passes, then up again to 1500 rpm for the remaining passes until I was happy the product had fully broken down before retuning back down to 900 rpm to help refine. Excess was then removed with a Sonus Der Wonder polishing towel.

Full detail - Bora tdi Pr0880326038038992

This was then followed with Menz PO85RD3.01 on a megs polishing pad. I put 4 pea sized blobs on the pad, roughly 1/2 inch in from the edge and placed the rotary flat on the panel. Again after starting at 600rpm to spread, I upped to 1200 rpm for as many passes as I thought necessary to break down the product before returning back to 900 to help refine. Again the excess was removed with a Sonus Der Wonder polishing towel.

Full detail - Bora tdi Pr0941971544295625

I could have left it at this as it was pretty much LSP ready. However, I felt that by following with Menz PO85RD on a Megs finishing pad at 600 rpm to spread then up to 900rpm until broken down before returning to 600 to refine just added a touch more depth to the finish. This time the excess was removed with a Sonus Der Wonder Buffing towel.

Full detail - Bora tdi Pr1041971674299094

I didn't want to go straight in with my LSP of choice at this stage simply because I knew it would take a few weeks to complete the paintwok renovation. So I gave each area a quick coat of Klasse AIO to offer temporary protection.

Once I had completed the paintwork renovation it was time to break out the Z - HD Clense. Firstly I applied the product using a Lake Country white 4 inch pad at speed 3 on the PC. I then followed this by going over again by hand using a clearkote blue MF applicator to ensure I got everything covered. Excess both removed with a Sonus Der Wonder buffing towel.

Full detail - Bora tdi Pr1141971804305111

This was finished with two initial layers of Z - Carbon just to ensure an even coverage. Applied using the red side of a German foam applicator and buffed using a Sonus Der Wonder buffing towel..

Full detail - Bora tdi Pr1241971944309563

A further two coats were applied at weekly intervals later.

Seeing that the front bumper had fairly fresh paint on it I didn't want to go too mad with this. After refitting back on the car, I simply used a Wolfgang polishing pad with Menz P0106FA on the PC. This was followed up with Z - HD clense with the PC and a 4 inch Lake Country white pad and again by hand with a MF applicator. This was finished with 3 layers of Z - Carbon with the rest of the car. All buffed using Sonus Der Wonder Buffing MF towels. (Sorry no pics)

Whilst I had the grille off I thought it was an ideal time detail that too. For this I first cleared away any dust with Megs Last Touch and a Cobra MF. I then used the white side of a German applicator with Menz PO106FA and polished the painted areas by hand. Excess removed with a Sonus buffing towel. After this I dressed the non painted plastic parts with CG New Look Trim Gel with a Megs applicator. The painted parts were then given two coats of Z - HD Clense and finally finished with a couple of layers over time of Z - Carbon.

Full detail - Bora tdi Pr1341972094311727
Full detail - Bora tdi Pr1441972234314377

I also fitted a new set of number plates, replaced the damaged door mouldings and stuck the badges back on using Wurth 4mm double sided tape.

Full detail - Bora tdi Pr1541972374319950
Marcos#127
VWSRT - Elite Member
Marcos#127

MensajeTema: Re: Full detail - Bora tdi   Full detail - Bora tdi I_icon_minitimeSáb Ago 08, 2009 2:02 pm

Wheels and Tyres

After the initial wash I could clearly see that 3 of the alloys would need rerurbing and one I could probably get away with. I swapped over the one scuffed rear with the spare and popped the front up on stands (also bagged up the brakes). Once the 3 scuffed wheels had been removed I could clearly see that these rims have never been cleaned from new except where the car wash bushes had touched them!

Full detail - Bora tdi Wt0122650982312584

Using AG wheel cleaner and a swissvax wheel brush I set to work. It took a while and a few repeat applications, but, eventually I removed pretty much all the brake dust. This was then followed up with washing again with Megs APC cut 4:1 using an old Megs Lambswool mitt. Hosed down for the last time and dried with an old Poorboys WW towel. They had a number of tar spots on them too which I removed using AG Intensive tar remover applied with a Megs foam pad and removed with a Megs ultimate wipe. These three wheels were then sent away to be refurbed.

A week or so later they returned. These three wheels simply received 2 coats of Klasse AIO applied by hand using the white side of a German foam applicator pad and buffed with a Cobra MF. This was then followed by 2 coats at 24 hour intervals of Klasse SG. Again applied by hand except this time using the red side of the German applictor and again buffed with a Cobra MF. 24 hours later I applied two coats (to ensure even coverage) of Poorboys Wheel Sealant using a Megs foam applicator and once again a Cobra MF was used to buff. Another coat was applied 24 hours later and a third 24 hours after that. The tyres were dressed with Swissvax Pneu with a tyre dressing applicator.

Full detail - Bora tdi Wt0222651132317638

Once these three were back on the car I could then remove and detail the one remaining wheel. As with the others it looked like the only thing that had cleaned this over the past 89,000 miles were the brushes of a car wash. In the spokes and the rear of the wheel had quite a thick coating of brake dust and the face of the wheel looked totally flat and lifeless.

Full detail - Bora tdi Wt0322651272322621
Full detail - Bora tdi Wt0422651392326460

Using AG wheel cleaner and a Swissvax wheel brush I worked on removing the brake dust. A few applications were needed. The wheel was rinsed inbetween each application and I also turned the wheel 180 degrees when working on both sides to ensure I hadn't missed anything.

Full detail - Bora tdi Wt0522651552328976

Once clean and dried (using an old poorboys towel). I removed the tar spots with AG Intensive Tar Remover. Applied with a Megs Foam applicator pad, left to dwell for a minute or so before buffing with an old Farecla MF.

Next up was to clay the entire wheel to remove anything that remained and leave a decent surface to polish. This was done using Megs mild pro detailing clay and a strong mix of Shampoo Plus as a lube. After this both wheel and tyre were sprayed with Megs APC cut 4:1, washed using a Megs Lambswool then dried with a Poorboys WW towel

Full detail - Bora tdi Wt0622651682332286

I then taped off the tyre with 3M 3434 tape and with a 4" white Lake Country pad and Menz PO85RD 3.01 on the PC I carefully polished the surface. Spreading at speed 1 then upped to speed 4 to work the polish. Buffed with a Cobra MF and removed the tape. With the white side of a German applicator I applied 2 coats of Klasse AIO to both sides of the wheel, both buffed with a Cobra MF. This was then toped twice at 24 hour intervals with Klasse SG using the red side of the German foam applicator, again buffed with a Cobra MF. A further 24 hours later I applied 2 initial coats of Poorboys Wheel Sealant (buffed with a Cobra MF). Another coat was applied 24 hours later. At this point I also dressed the tyre with Swisvax Pneu with a Tyre dressing applicator.

Full detail - Bora tdi Wt0722651812334956
Full detail - Bora tdi Wt0822651952339227

The Centre caps hadn't actually lost a great deal of luster so they simple received two coats of Klasse AIO, applied as usual with the white side of a German foam applicator. This was followed by two initial coats of Poorboys Wheel Sealant, applied with a Megs foam pad. Both products were then buffed using a Cobra MF and the 'holes' were dusted with a Megs foam bud. A further coat of Wheel sealant was applied 24 hours later.

Full detail - Bora tdi Wt0922652082343374

Wheel Arches

Firstly I popped the car up on axle stands, working one one arch at a time I removed the wheel and also bagged up the brakes. Another area of the car left untouched since new!

Full detail - Bora tdi Wa012265222

I then sprayed a generous amount of Megs APC (cut 4:1) all over the arch, waited a couple of minutes before pressure washing off with the Karcher. This removed 90% of the loose dirt. I followed this by spraying the arch with AG Engine and Machine clean. Left to dwell for a minute or so before agitating with half a cheap jumbo sponge and again rinsed with the karcher.

Full detail - Bora tdi Wa0222652342354095

This was then followed again with Megs APC. As with the AG Engine and Machine clean it was left to dwell for a short while before agitating with the other half of the sponge and rinsing off with the Karcher.

Full detail - Bora tdi Wa0322652472357842

Once the arch was relatively dry I applied some AG Intensive Tar Remover to the arch using a Megs foam pad. This was again left to dwell for a minute before buffing with an old Farecla MF. By now the arch had dried so I sprayed some Autovalet Engine and plastic conditioner all over the arch and buffed immediately with a Farecla MF to a satin finish.

Full detail - Bora tdi Wa0422652602361523
Full detail - Bora tdi Wa0522652742364685

and the rear wheel arches before and after...

Full detail - Bora tdi Wa0622653432366822

Door Shuts

Firstly I sprayed some Megs APC cut 4:1 on all the door shut areas. I left this to dwell for a minute or so before washing with an old Megs lambswool mitt and rinsing with the Karcher. They were then dried using an old Poorboys WW towel.

Full detail - Bora tdi Ds0160464226081786

Once dry, all the metal parts of the door shuts were treated to AG Super Resin. This was applied using the white side of a German applicator and left in its applied state. I then treated the door rubbers and any other rubber parts with 1Z Gummi Pflege using the built in applicator and all hard plastic parts to CG New Look trim gel applied with a Megs foam applicator.

Full detail - Bora tdi Ds0260464346086139

Next the AG Super Resin was buffed using a Cobra MF. This was then toped with a coat of Collinite 476s, applied using the Red side of a German applicator and buffed with a Cobra MF.

Full detail - Bora tdi Ds0360464476089367

Engine bay

The first thing I did here was to remove the engine cover. I sprayed some AG Engine and Machine cleaner over it and left to dwell for a good 10 mins. I then re covered it in more Engine and Machine cleaner before wiping with a wet Jumbo sponge that had been torn in two. This was then rinsed with the Karcher. and dried off with a couple of Farecla MFs and stored in the garage to dry.

Full detail - Bora tdi E0160464606092136

For the main engine area itself I firstly covered up all electrics and anything else that I thought could cause a problem had it got wet and then soaked the wings, (and kept them wet) so that any product and grime that landed on them would wash away easily.

Full detail - Bora tdi E0260464746096264

Starting with the under side of the bonnet I firstly sprayed some Megs APC cut 4:1 and rinsed with a B&Q hose gun on the 'shower' setting. This removed the majority of the dirt. Re-applied the APC, washed with a megs Lambs wool mitt, rinsed with the Karcher and dried with an old Farecla MF. (care was taken to avoid getting the sound deadening wet).

Full detail - Bora tdi E0460465016099741

With the actual engine bay I sprayed a blanket of APC over the bay. Left to dwell for a a minute or so and then rinsed with the hose gun. Re applied, agitated with either a sponge or brush (which ever was easiest in the area, then rinsed again with the hose gun. Areas where the APC struggled, I repeated with AG Engine and Machine clean. Once complete I dried the bay with old Farecla MFs, removed the covers from protected areas (wiped over some of these with a damp cloth to remove any dirt) and replaced the engine cover.

Full detail - Bora tdi E0560466726103420

Once dry, I vacuumed the sound deadening and dressed the entire bay with Autovalet Engine and Plastic conditioner and buffed immediately with Farecla MFs to a Matt/Satin finish.

Full detail - Bora tdi E0660466806110471
Marcos#127
VWSRT - Elite Member
Marcos#127

MensajeTema: Re: Full detail - Bora tdi   Full detail - Bora tdi I_icon_minitimeSáb Ago 08, 2009 2:03 pm

Exterior Trims

For the exterior plastics I tried L200 Steves tip of warming up the plastic with a hot air gun until it was warm/hot to touch. I then applied a generous amount of CG New Look dressing with a foam applicator. Warmed the plastic again then left to cool. Once cooled down to normal temperature I wiped away the remaining product residue with a Farecla MF.

Full detail - Bora tdi Ep0163031096331949

The rubber trims were simply treated with 1Z Gummi Pflege using the built in applicator.

Full detail - Bora tdi Ep026303122

Glass

First I lowered the windows and cleaned the top couple of inches with 1Z Glas Polish applied with a MF applicator and removed with a glass towel.

Full detail - Bora tdi G0163031346339238

The outside glass was then cleaned with Carlack 68 Basic Glass cleaner. I applied the product with a MF applicator with fairly vigorous overlapping circles and left to dry before removing the excess with a glass towel. I then did the inside of the glass by applying 1Z Glas Polish with a MF applicator and removed excess with a glass towel. I then repeated both inside and out again in the same way to ensure the glas wass cleaned properly.

Full detail - Bora tdi G0263031486342689

I then applied a thin but even layer of Carlack 68 Glass Sealant on the outside glass with a paper towel. Left for around 10 mins to cure before a quick squirt of plain water on the glass and buffing with another glass towel.

Full detail - Bora tdi G0363031616347616

Lights

The tail lights I decided to remove and detail away from the car.

After removal I polished the lamps with Menz P085RD 3.01 on a Megs polishing pad with the Makita. Spreading at 600 rpm, then upping the speed to about 1000rpm to break down the product before returning back to 600 to refine. This was followed with Megs plastex on a white Lake Country 4" pad with the PC at speed 3 ish and followed with Z - HD Clense by hand using a MF applicator pad. This was finished with Z - Carbon applied with the red side of a German foam applicator.

The area on the car behind the lights was cleaned up with Megs APC cut 4:1 sprayed on and wiped clean with a Farecla MF before re fitting the lights.

Full detail - Bora tdi L0163031746351204
Full detail - Bora tdi L0263031886354154

The headlights had a number of small chips on them. To reduce the look of these a bit I first wet sanded both headlights with Megs 3000 unigrit using Megs Last Touch as a lube. Whilst this didn't remove them it did 'round off the edges' and made them less noticeable. I then polished them with Menz P085RD 3.01 on a Megs polishing pad with the Makita. Spreading at 600 rpm, then upping the speed to about 1000/1100rpm to break down the product before returning back to 600 to refine. This was followed with Megs plastex on a white Lake Country 4" pad with the PC at speed 3 (sorry no pic) and followed with Z - HD Clense by hand using a MF applicator pad. This was finished with Z - Carbon applied with the red side of a German foam applicator.

Full detail - Bora tdi L0363032016357364

Interior

With the interior I firstly gave the entire car a very tougher vacuum, making sure I got into everywhere I could. Firstly vacuuming, then brushed with a Megs dog hair brush then vacuumed again.

Full detail - Bora tdi Int0166042046663407

Next I turned my attention to the headlining. For this I broke up the headlining into imaginary quarters and worked on each quarter separately. I Firstly sprayed a fairly small but even coat of AG Interior Cleaner over the area. With a well rung out sponge I wiped the area. I followed this again with a piece of damp Eco Premium cloth and dried with a Cobra MF. Then moved onto the next area. As this was quite dirty I went over the headlining again once dried ( the cloth parts of the pillars, door cards and the parcel shelf were also done in the same way).

Full detail - Bora tdi Int0266042166667006

Next up were the seats and carpets. Again I broke this up into sections. Drivers seat and footwell, front passengers seat and foot well and so on. For each area, I worked on the head restraint first then seat backrest, then seat base then carpet and floor mat. To clean these, I sprayed a even coat of AG Interior Cleaner over the area to be worked on. Left to dwell for a couple of seconds before lightly scrubbing with a small, fairly soft nailbrush. I then re applied the AG Interior cleaner and wiped the area with a clean damp sponge. This was followed by wiping again with a piece of clean damp Eco Premium cloth and then dried off a bit with a Cobra MF.

Full detail - Bora tdi Int0366042286670107
Full detail - Bora tdi Int0466042416673277

For the leather steering wheel I sprayed some Z - Leather Cleaner onto a piece of Eco Premium and wiped it onto the wheel. I then lightly brushed with a nail brush paying particular attention to get the inground dead skin and dirt out from around the stitching. I then wiped it with a damp sponge, again with another clean damp piece of Eco Premium and pat dried with a Cobra MF.

Full detail - Bora tdi Int0566042526675414
Full detail - Bora tdi Int0666042656679652

Next were the Interior plastics. To clean these I first sprayed some AG Interior cleaner onto a piece of clean Eco Premium cloth and wiped onto a workable area. I then lightly scrubbed the area with a nail brush (grained plastics only and not anything like the radio etc). Then wiped with a damp sponge, again with a piece of damp clean Eco Premium before drying with a Cobra MF. Once all the plastics were clean I dressed them with Poorboys Natural Look dressing. Applied with a piece of Eco Premium and immediately buffed to a Matt/ slight satin finish with a Cobra MF.

Full detail - Bora tdi Int0766042806682124
Full detail - Bora tdi Int0866042946686258

Once all was clean I used a Megs slide lock brush to remove any last bits of dust from cracks, vents etc, then dusted off the dash with a Cobra MF. The seats and carpets I brushed with a suede brush to bring back the pile and re vacuumed. I then installed a Yankee Candle Car Jar 'Leather' Air Freshener.

Full detail - Bora tdi Int0966043076689848

During the work on the interior I also, removed the phone kit, replaced the used cigarette lighter, the broken arm rest lid and the missing ashtray cover.

Full detail - Bora tdi Int1066043216693530

In the boot I noticed the chrome scuff plate was looking dull and lightly scuffed, so taped it off with 3M tape, and polished it with Menz PO85RD 3.01 on a 4 inch Lake Country orange pad on the PC at Speed 1 to spread then upped to 4. I sealed the finish with Collinite 476s applied with the red side of a German applicator. Both products were buffed with a Cobra MF.

Full detail - Bora tdi Int1166043356697383

The Spare wheel and tools I removed. The spare wheel I cleaned with AG wheel cleaner and a swissvax wheel brush. I then cleaned both wheel and tyre with Megs APC cut 4:1 and an old Megs Lanbs wool. With this paying particular attention to clean the tread on the tyre as its the spare. Both products were washed off with the Karcher. Once clean, I dried with a Poorboys WW towel. The wheel was then dressed with Autovalet Engine and Plastic conditioner by spraying a direct coat onto the wheel and immediately buffed with a Farecla MF to a satin finish. The Tyre was treated with Swissvax Pneu applied with a Tyre dressing applicator. The tools were dusted off with a megs side lock brush and a clean MF.

Full detail - Bora tdi Int1266043486700504
Full detail - Bora tdi Int1366043626705645

The spare wheel well was vacuumed, then cleaned by spraying some Megs APC cut 4:1 into the well, washing with an old Megs Lambswool mitt and drying with an old Poorboys WW towel. I was careful not to get the sticker wet on the side of the wheel well.

Full detail - Bora tdi Int1466043756709773

The fabric areas in the boot were cleaned in the same way as the seats and carpets and the plastics the same as the dash.
Marcos#127
VWSRT - Elite Member
Marcos#127

MensajeTema: Re: Full detail - Bora tdi   Full detail - Bora tdi I_icon_minitimeSáb Ago 08, 2009 2:04 pm

If you've not fallen asleep yet here's how the Bora looks after all that. Its taken a while to do and no its not 100% perfect. However, I had to bare in mind that it is 3 1/2 years old and covered the thick end of 90,000 miles as a company car.

Full detail - Bora tdi A0169394757000830
Full detail - Bora tdi A0269394877004747
Full detail - Bora tdi A0369395007008569
Full detail - Bora tdi A0469395147011653
Full detail - Bora tdi A0669395427016028
Full detail - Bora tdi A0869395717019512
Full detail - Bora tdi A0969395847023273
Full detail - Bora tdi A1069395977027439
Full detail - Bora tdi A1169396647031769
Full detail - Bora tdi A1269396777035986
Full detail - Bora tdi A1369396917041590
Full detail - Bora tdi A1469397047046391
Full detail - Bora tdi A1569397177051024
Full detail - Bora tdi A1769397337054938
Full detail - Bora tdi A1869397477058943
Full detail - Bora tdi A1969397617062633
Full detail - Bora tdi A2069397747066138
Full detail - Bora tdi A2169397877070068
Full detail - Bora tdi A2269398007077506
Full detail - Bora tdi A2369398157080518
Full detail - Bora tdi A2469398287083440
Full detail - Bora tdi A2569398417086622

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed doing it!

Fuente: DW
Roy#137
VW Golf
Roy#137

Masculino Mensajes : 900

MensajeTema: Re: Full detail - Bora tdi   Full detail - Bora tdi I_icon_minitimeSáb Ago 08, 2009 2:26 pm

una sola palabra..... GUAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Juanma#119
VWSRT - Elite Member
Juanma#119

Masculino Mensajes : 4871

MensajeTema: Re: Full detail - Bora tdi   Full detail - Bora tdi I_icon_minitimeSáb Ago 08, 2009 2:52 pm

el bora es mi sueño jaja
http://www.fotolog.com/tekilaasunrise
Fede#112
VWSRT - Elite Member
Fede#112

Masculino Mensajes : 5814

MensajeTema: Re: Full detail - Bora tdi   Full detail - Bora tdi I_icon_minitimeSáb Ago 08, 2009 5:38 pm

Como se nota q al dolape este le falta ponerla! que manera de malgastar el tiempo! Mr Green

Igual lo dejo otro auto de muy descuidado a mejor q 0 :clap!:
favio1983
VW Gol
favio1983

Masculino Mensajes : 774

MensajeTema: Re: Full detail - Bora tdi   Full detail - Bora tdi I_icon_minitimeSáb Ago 08, 2009 6:50 pm

eseeee boritaaaa volvioooo a nacerrrrrrr....q buen laburoooooooooooo :clap!:
emi_g4
VW Escarabajo
emi_g4

Masculino Mensajes : 193

MensajeTema: Re: Full detail - Bora tdi   Full detail - Bora tdi I_icon_minitimeSáb Ago 08, 2009 7:20 pm

mmm en algun lado lo vi a este post hace mucho, no c en q foro.
quedo como nuevo el borita, zarpado el laburo q se mandaron
FranJR#109
VWSRT - Elite Member
FranJR#109

Masculino Mensajes : 4706

MensajeTema: Re: Full detail - Bora tdi   Full detail - Bora tdi I_icon_minitimeSáb Ago 08, 2009 8:31 pm

Repost!!!

esta espectacular ese proyecto..
http://www.fotolog.com/panchohohoho
slays_cba
VW Gol
slays_cba

Masculino Mensajes : 448

MensajeTema: Re: Full detail - Bora tdi   Full detail - Bora tdi I_icon_minitimeSáb Ago 08, 2009 8:42 pm

te falto traducir lo que esta en ingles bolu... o lo haces bien al post o no lo hagas ajaajaaaa :bana:
Herni#139
VWSRT - Elite Member
Herni#139

Masculino Mensajes : 1495

MensajeTema: Re: Full detail - Bora tdi   Full detail - Bora tdi I_icon_minitimeSáb Ago 08, 2009 9:35 pm

Q bellezaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... me hace mal este post!!!!
Me dan ganas de desarmar el golcito integro y limpiar pieza por pieza...
Q posta ZARPADO!!! :clap!:
Juanma#119
VWSRT - Elite Member
Juanma#119

MensajeTema: Re: Full detail - Bora tdi   Full detail - Bora tdi I_icon_minitimeSáb Ago 08, 2009 9:50 pm

lo habia visto medio por arriba hoy, recien me puse a verlo todoo y tratar de traaducir algo jaja y la verdad q es un laburo q lleva todo un dia o mas
daro_46
VW Gol
daro_46

Masculino Mensajes : 221

MensajeTema: Re: Full detail - Bora tdi   Full detail - Bora tdi I_icon_minitimeSáb Ago 08, 2009 9:53 pm

volvio a nacer ese auto jajajaj
Oz#125
VWSRT - Elite Member
Oz#125

Masculino Mensajes : 1906

MensajeTema: Re: Full detail - Bora tdi   Full detail - Bora tdi I_icon_minitimeSáb Ago 08, 2009 10:39 pm

Terrible!!!

quedo mejor que nuevo!!!!
chriss_17
VW Escarabajo
chriss_17

Masculino Mensajes : 18

MensajeTema: post detail   Full detail - Bora tdi I_icon_minitimeDom Ago 09, 2009 12:32 pm

una locura como quedo y el laburo q se le hizo
TinchoCafre#136
VWSRT - Elite Member
TinchoCafre#136

Masculino Mensajes : 231

MensajeTema: Re: Full detail - Bora tdi   Full detail - Bora tdi I_icon_minitimeDom Ago 09, 2009 9:40 pm

Excelente post, el tipo un enfermo total...
http://www.sudakarts.com/mrdesign
Gfmdq
VW Golf
Gfmdq

Masculino Mensajes : 942

MensajeTema: Re: Full detail - Bora tdi   Full detail - Bora tdi I_icon_minitimeLun Ago 10, 2009 4:56 am

era un asco.. y qdo terrible..
si llevas a hacer eso te cobran 3 lucas jaja
http://www.fotolog.com/desmayadosalpiso
Elpetro#133
VWSRT - Elite Member
Elpetro#133

Masculino Mensajes : 2803

MensajeTema: Re: Full detail - Bora tdi   Full detail - Bora tdi I_icon_minitimeLun Ago 10, 2009 8:56 am

muyy zarpado laburo!!! :clap!: :clap!:

pero demasiado tiempo invertido!!
Juanma#119
VWSRT - Elite Member
Juanma#119

MensajeTema: Re: Full detail - Bora tdi   Full detail - Bora tdi I_icon_minitimeLun Ago 10, 2009 10:03 am

Elpetro#133 escribió:
muyy zarpado laburo!!! :clap!: :clap!:

pero demasiado tiempo invertido!!
pero re vale la penaaaa
jcmessina
VW Escarabajo
jcmessina

Masculino Mensajes : 189

MensajeTema: Re: Full detail - Bora tdi   Full detail - Bora tdi I_icon_minitimeDom Ago 30, 2009 10:08 am

uf zarpadisimo!! pero no creo que sea el dolape solo, alguien una mano le debe dar, o de no ser asi, muchisimo timepo le debe llevar!!

un abrazo!
guillexplosivo
VW Gol
guillexplosivo

Masculino Mensajes : 274

MensajeTema: Re: Full detail - Bora tdi   Full detail - Bora tdi I_icon_minitimeJue Sep 03, 2009 8:27 pm

que pedazo de lavada por dios!!! ojala yo tuviera esas ganas para lavar el golcito asi a fondo!!
http://www.apppat.com.ar
Contenido patrocinado

MensajeTema: Re: Full detail - Bora tdi   Full detail - Bora tdi I_icon_minitime

Full detail - Bora tdi
Página 1 de 1.