Bienvenido al Foro Oficial del VWSRT!

Para poder acceder a los distintos temas ya sea para leerlos u opinar deberás registrarte.

Para ello presiona el botón "Registrarse" de esta página, completa tus datos y ya podrás estar participando de este fantastico grupo!

Te esperamos!
Bienvenido al Foro Oficial del VWSRT!

Para poder acceder a los distintos temas ya sea para leerlos u opinar deberás registrarte.

Para ello presiona el botón "Registrarse" de esta página, completa tus datos y ya podrás estar participando de este fantastico grupo!

Te esperamos!
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

ÍndiceÚltimas imágenesRegistrarseConectarse

VW Golf R32 Detail

+7
Dany#118
Juanma#119
Musky#128
FranJR#109
Ro#101
Marcos#127
Martín#102
11 participantes
AutorMensaje
Martín#102
VWSRT - Elite Admin
Martín#102

Masculino Mensajes : 4874

VW Golf R32 Detail Empty
MensajeTema: VW Golf R32 Detail   VW Golf R32 Detail I_icon_minitimeMar Nov 18, 2008 9:38 am

Been putting this off for months, but finally my debts were called in. Plus it was a good chance to try some new products. It's my old man's car, 53 plate with 20k miles on it, so you'd think it would be in 1/2 decent condition...Well, it's never ragged, but the paint and over all condition left a bit to the imagination. Anyway, only my 3rd VAG paint'd car i've done and a welcome change from all the renaults i've been doin.

From start to finish the detail was approx 18hrs, spaced over 2 days, the first was relatively short, just the arches, wheels and interior done.

I'll let the pics tell the story but fill in the gaps where necessary.

Car was given an inital wash, CG strong body wash to remove all the crap, not that there was much wax/polish on the car anyway. Foamed with the foam blaster, wasn't too specific on the dilution measure.

VW Golf R32 Detail Carsud-1

Car was left to dwell and then clayed, using CG extreme body wash as the lube, i find this best for clayin as it's really oily. Pic's a bit blurry but after just the bonnet the clay was black! Main problem with this car was the ammount of tar specs on the paint, clayin took over 2hrs put it that way.

VW Golf R32 Detail Clay

Anyway, quick move of the car and jacked up to remove the wheels.

Arches, wheels and door shuts were all treated with Megs APC 4:1 Was amazed at the ammount i went through, but came up really well and i'd recommend it over Virosol

Wheel before:

VW Golf R32 Detail Wheelbefore

Wheel after:

VW Golf R32 Detail Wheelafter

Sealed with poorboys, dressed witn CG trim gel for the pic.

VW Golf R32 Detail Wheelssealdandwaxed

Ok on to the arches.

Rear arch before:

VW Golf R32 Detail Reararchbefore

Spray'd with APC:

VW Golf R32 Detail ReararchAPCd

Afters:

VW Golf R32 Detail Reararchafter-1

Not bad eh!

Front arch - I nearly choked when i seen it!

VW Golf R32 Detail Frontarchbefore

Spray'd:

VW Golf R32 Detail FrontarchAPCd

Aggitated with a dish cleaning brush:

VW Golf R32 Detail FrontarchAggitated

And the outcome - minus trim dressing:

VW Golf R32 Detail Frontarchafter

Engine's are something i'm not usually a bit fan of cleanin with pressure washers, luckily, my porch is at an elevated position so the pressure wouldn't be so extreme

Before - Nice 3.2 V6! Smile

VW Golf R32 Detail EngineBefore

APC'd:

VW Golf R32 Detail EngineAPCd

afters:

VW Golf R32 Detail Enginebaydressed

Now came the annoyin bit, the door shuts were covered in grease! old man said it was VW and not him, but i found a can of squiry grease on the shelf! Lyin sod!

Before:

VW Golf R32 Detail Doorshutbefore

After:

VW Golf R32 Detail Doorshutafter

With the arches now done, the wheels were put back on, the given a quick rince and dried properly.
Now on to the interior, the cars used everyday and visits the stables and is used primarily for dog walkin and shoppin, so the ammount of grot, dirt, sand etc was crazy, pics really don't show it, but you get the idea.

Before:

VW Golf R32 Detail Interior1

VW Golf R32 Detail Interior2

VW Golf R32 Detail Interior3

All carpets were hoovered, then shampoo'd with autogymn shampoo, still reckon this is one of the best shampoo's available...

Same applyed for the interior, wiped down with shampoo, the dressed with vinyl and rubber care and Poorboys natural. The leather uppers and door cards were treated with Gliptone leather cleaner and conditioner.

Afters:

VW Golf R32 Detail Afterspassenger

VW Golf R32 Detail AftersBoot

VW Golf R32 Detail Driverssideafters

Love the quality of the VW leather (Konig) and the conditioner works so much better than on the cheap Renault leather.

Ok....End of day one!

10am start y'day for the paint correction, the golf is one of these annoyin cars that traps water, so i spent a good while blowing it out with a compressor. Car was masked up with 3M 3434 tape and wiped over with a cloth.

I did struggle getting decent shots in the garage, but after 3/4 of the car i figured it was best gettin the light at about 90degree's to the paint and shooting pic from lower down...Photography issues aside, here are the results of the paint correction.

The process was similar to the last time i did a VAG paint'd car. Menz 3:02 on a 4 and 6in edge spot pad. I was happy with the test patch so pushed on.

Bonnet 50:50:

VW Golf R32 Detail Bonnet5050

Nearside wing 50:50:

VW Golf R32 Detail Arch5050

Tailgate before - Really badly swirled!

VW Golf R32 Detail Bootlidbefore

After:

VW Golf R32 Detail Bootlidafter

And a 50:50:

VW Golf R32 Detail Bootlid5050

Ironically the R32 has a problem with the rear bumpers, or rather the design, the collector box for the exhaust is to too far to the right, so the heat has dulled the paint on that side. Other that that because of the dog jumping in and out, this was probably the most stratched part of the car.

Before:

VW Golf R32 Detail Bumperbefore-1

After:

VW Golf R32 Detail Bumperafter

50:50

VW Golf R32 Detail Bumper5050

Swirlin and paint defects were fairly consitant around the car.

Door:

VW Golf R32 Detail Door5050

rear 3/4 panel:

VW Golf R32 Detail Rear145050

With the machine polishin completed, i then glazed the car with Clearkote red glaze - And what can i say, it's fantastic, so easy on - smells like the AG window polish if were bein scent orientated! lol And it's close to bein wipe on wipe off! loved it! And the red colour just came alive.

Car was then sealed with CG blitz acrylic and left to cure for about 30mins.

Final stage and one i was excited about was the first use of the Swissvax ONYX - God it smells good, curiousity was leading me to try a bit, but i resisted. Was astonished by how easily it went on and also how little i used! -Removed after tens mins and well... i'll let the final shots tell the story.

Tyres were dressed with CG trim well, as was the front mesh. Exhaust with autosol...

Thanx for reading

Ali

VW Golf R32 Detail AftersBack

VW Golf R32 Detail Aftersback2

VW Golf R32 Detail AftersFront

VW Golf R32 Detail Aftersfront2

For Brazo:

VW Golf R32 Detail Treeshotafters

VW Golf R32 Detail Aftersside2

VW Golf R32 Detail AftersSide

VW Golf R32 Detail Aftersrear14

Gracias a Matuh de T-O Mr Green
http://xlights.com.ar
Marcos#127
VWSRT - Elite Member
Marcos#127

Masculino Mensajes : 1806

VW Golf R32 Detail Empty
MensajeTema: Re: VW Golf R32 Detail   VW Golf R32 Detail I_icon_minitimeMar Nov 18, 2008 12:25 pm

ah bueno, que linda limpieza a fondo!

espectacular, sobretodo los pasaruedas y los resortes/amortiguadores

lo dejo como 0!
Ro#101
VWSRT - Elite Admin
Ro#101

Masculino Mensajes : 8896

VW Golf R32 Detail Empty
MensajeTema: Re: VW Golf R32 Detail   VW Golf R32 Detail I_icon_minitimeMar Nov 18, 2008 12:50 pm

Tengo que sacarle las ruedas a W yaaaa!! affraid
FranJR#109
VWSRT - Elite Member
FranJR#109

Masculino Mensajes : 4706

VW Golf R32 Detail Empty
MensajeTema: Re: VW Golf R32 Detail   VW Golf R32 Detail I_icon_minitimeMar Nov 18, 2008 1:20 pm

para que usa el baul este guanaco????? ni el mio esta asi! y eso que no lo limpio nunca....

se fijaron la calidad de las cubiertas?... cuenten la cantidad de plomos que tiene la llanta...

Ro... dejate de joder! si no lo usas nunca al auto, ni una gota de mugre debe tener el tuyo!!! encima es negro... menos se ve! ejejejej
http://www.fotolog.com/panchohohoho
Marcos#127
VWSRT - Elite Member
Marcos#127

Masculino Mensajes : 1806

VW Golf R32 Detail Empty
MensajeTema: Re: VW Golf R32 Detail   VW Golf R32 Detail I_icon_minitimeMar Nov 18, 2008 1:57 pm

FranJR#109 escribió:
se fijaron la calidad de las cubiertas?... cuenten la cantidad de plomos que tiene la llanta...

es cierto!, eso no lo había percatado, tiene un solo plomito chiquito, si querés le saco una a la llanta mía por dentro para que veas, si es que todavía esta en casa cuando valla el jueves pale

con el baul pense lo mismo, no podes tener asi el baul de ese auto!
Musky#128
VWSRT - Elite Member
Musky#128

Masculino Mensajes : 1356

VW Golf R32 Detail Empty
MensajeTema: Re: VW Golf R32 Detail   VW Golf R32 Detail I_icon_minitimeMar Nov 18, 2008 2:35 pm

Que buen auto por dios y como lo dejaron!
http://www.neositios.com
Juanma#119
VWSRT - Elite Member
Juanma#119

Masculino Mensajes : 4871

VW Golf R32 Detail Empty
MensajeTema: Re: VW Golf R32 Detail   VW Golf R32 Detail I_icon_minitimeMar Nov 18, 2008 3:30 pm

sin palabrasss
http://www.fotolog.com/tekilaasunrise
Dany#118
VWSRT - Elite Member
Dany#118

Masculino Mensajes : 1091

VW Golf R32 Detail Empty
MensajeTema: Re: VW Golf R32 Detail   VW Golf R32 Detail I_icon_minitimeMar Nov 18, 2008 5:10 pm

lo mas lindo ese golf....

espectacular!
http://www.trapacero.com
Fede#112
VWSRT - Elite Member
Fede#112

Masculino Mensajes : 5814

VW Golf R32 Detail Empty
MensajeTema: Re: VW Golf R32 Detail   VW Golf R32 Detail I_icon_minitimeMar Nov 18, 2008 7:40 pm

perdonene el exabrupto: MIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERDA jajajajaj, dnd se consigue el APC?? quiero que quede asi el motor maldita tapa de motor!...y los guardabarros...f*ck voy a necesitar un detailer....pero uno posta no un trucho como un tal TRUCHO GTI jajajaja lol!
Pola
VWSRT - Elite Member
Pola

Masculino Mensajes : 2576

VW Golf R32 Detail Empty
MensajeTema: Re: VW Golf R32 Detail   VW Golf R32 Detail I_icon_minitimeMar Nov 18, 2008 8:31 pm

ahh noooo

ni lo tenia a este

muy lindo todo ext, e inter :clap!:
http://www.fotolog.com/tirado_al_piso
Dany#118
VWSRT - Elite Member
Dany#118

Masculino Mensajes : 1091

VW Golf R32 Detail Empty
MensajeTema: Re: VW Golf R32 Detail   VW Golf R32 Detail I_icon_minitimeMar Nov 18, 2008 8:36 pm

cada vez que entro al foro, paso y lo miro de nuevo al golfito.
Yo quiero uno asiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!

totalmente hermoso
http://www.trapacero.com
Oz#125
VWSRT - Elite Member
Oz#125

Masculino Mensajes : 1906

VW Golf R32 Detail Empty
MensajeTema: Re: VW Golf R32 Detail   VW Golf R32 Detail I_icon_minitimeMar Nov 18, 2008 9:08 pm

Que flor de laburo!!!!!

Encima terrible maquina el Golfito, Yo tambien quiero uno!!!!
mati.r
VW Escarabajo

Masculino Mensajes : 20

VW Golf R32 Detail Empty
MensajeTema: Re: VW Golf R32 Detail   VW Golf R32 Detail I_icon_minitimeMar Nov 18, 2008 9:08 pm

linda maquina.

y el resultado de ese APC es extectacular.
Contenido patrocinado

VW Golf R32 Detail Empty
MensajeTema: Re: VW Golf R32 Detail   VW Golf R32 Detail I_icon_minitime

VW Golf R32 Detail
Página 1 de 1.