Bienvenido al Foro Oficial del VWSRT!

Para poder acceder a los distintos temas ya sea para leerlos u opinar deberás registrarte.

Para ello presiona el botón "Registrarse" de esta página, completa tus datos y ya podrás estar participando de este fantastico grupo!

Te esperamos!
Bienvenido al Foro Oficial del VWSRT!

Para poder acceder a los distintos temas ya sea para leerlos u opinar deberás registrarte.

Para ello presiona el botón "Registrarse" de esta página, completa tus datos y ya podrás estar participando de este fantastico grupo!

Te esperamos!
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

ÍndiceÚltimas imágenesRegistrarseConectarse

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...]

+3
Herni#139
Bruno
Marcos#127
7 participantes
AutorMensaje
Marcos#127
VWSRT - Elite Member
Marcos#127

Masculino Mensajes : 1806

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] Empty
MensajeTema: Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...]   Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] I_icon_minitimeDom Feb 14, 2010 3:23 pm

como me vuela la cabeza este bichito... aunque con un 370 Z me conformaria, jaja

fuente: DW

The main body panels of the Nissan featured paint that was noticeably harder then the ultra soft bumpers. Meguiars M105 did not respond well on the paint, tending the cake and clump on the paint. Also, despite being harder then the bumpers, the paint did not favor wool pads for the re-leveling.

In general my process was similar to this for the main body: fenders, doors, roof and hood.

-Areas with deep etching and scratching where sanded with Meguiars’ Unigrit 2000/2500/3000 grits as well Micro Abrasives 4000 grit and 6000 grits
-Meguiars’ M095 on a Lake Country Orange Pad (7.5 inch or 4 inch) for 2 to 4 passes
Or
-3M Extra Cut on a Meguiars’ Red So1o Wool Pad on areas that where severally etched or previously sanded (this was followed by M95 on an Orange Pad)
-Menzerna PO83 on a Lake Country Green Eurofoam Pad for 1 to 3 passes until the paint was perfect after a Prep-Sol wipe down.

Because of time limitations, I did not have time to document the work as well as I would have liked. A lot of sanding, polishing, sanding, and more and more polishing…

The rear quarter panel before…

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] B14

And after…

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] B15

Here I am working with a four inch pad, under the rear spoiler.

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] B05

PO83 and Green Eurofoam (combined with a lot of patience) did a great job restoring gloss and clarity after re-leveling the paint.

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] B17

As I worked feverishly on the paint, never stopping (my goal was to finish re-leveling the paint and polishing with P083 before the day ended) I was lucking to have the help of Mark (moutee).

He was a great helping, polishing the water spots on all the glass with Zaino Z-12 and a Porter Cable.

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] B03

Mark also polished the gray paint on the front as well as under the splitter with a Porter Cable and Menzerna PO106ff on a while Lake Country Pad.

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] B08

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] B12

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] B13

The front bumper had the worst etching of all, with deep acid rain marks that penetrated deep into the top coat. The entire front bumper was sanded with 3200 grit pads from Micro Abrasives, followed by 4000 grit and 6000 grit. Even in this picture of the bumper, little dots of extremely deep etching remain (not to be confused by the waffle pattern from the orange peel). I should note that the paint was extremely soft on the front bumper as well, and compounding with a wool pad actually hazed the paint greater then the sand paper. However P083 quickly snapped the paint back shape.

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] B07

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] B09

By 7:30 PM the majority of the paint was re-leveled and polished. The GT-R looked noticeably better and darker (and the bumper was re-finished perfectly) even when still masked with tape.

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] B11

Mark stuck around to help me wash the polishing dust (and the various abrasives it carried) off the car. As I finished polishing the paint, Mark attacked the wheels with a vengeance. Each wheel was sprayed with liberal amounts of PS21 Wheel Gel and agitated with a Swissvax Wheel Brush. The barrels where agitated with an EZ Detail Wheel Brush. Mark was very meticulous, like tdkenay himself was standing next to him, pointing out any spec of remaining brake dust.

The Gel was left to dwell while I polished and worked the paint towards perfection.

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] B21

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] B20

After an incredibly long day, the car was pulled outside and foamed with a high alkaline soap using a Gilmour Foam Gun.

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] B22

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] B24

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] B27

The car was the rinsed with a 1500 Karcher using pure, de-ionized water to remove any polishing dust with out the fear of re-introducing any water spots.

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] B28

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] B29

Mark left for the day around 8:30 PM and I pulled the GT-R in to continue polishing.

-Menzerna PO106fa on a Lake Country White Pad over the entire car, 1 pass, worked long to burnish the paint

A picture of the car after 106fa, early the next morning… This is what it should have looked when it arrived at house 24 hours previous.

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] B33

Finally the car was pulled back out and rewashed for a final time using the pressure washer and de-ionized water.

Picture taken at 2:30 AM Monday Morning, after the second rinsing…

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] B36

After washing, I had noticed that wheels did not have there potential gloss. A little Menzerna PO85u and a green foam pad with a lot of hand greatly enhanced the gloss of the rims, removing all the contamination from the rims.

This was followed by a hand polished coat of Jeff Werkstatt Prime Strong, which was also worked into the glass by PC. After removal, both the glass and rims, and brake calipers received 3 coats of Rejex Sealant (8 hours apart). After removing the first coat of Rejex from the wheels and glass, I called it a night.
Marcos#127
VWSRT - Elite Member
Marcos#127

MensajeTema: Re: Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...]   Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] I_icon_minitimeDom Feb 14, 2010 3:23 pm

The VR38DETT V6 features twin intercooled turbochargers and produces an underrated 480 horsepower and a flat torque curve. A quick clean up with ONR was the most we had time for.

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A6

After a careful walk around and inspection under halogen light, I pulled the GT-R out to take a couple photographs. The rest of these are after shots and need no explanation.

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A3

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A9

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A16

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A22

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A23

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A24

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A25

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A26

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A27

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A28

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A29

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A31

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A30

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A32

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A33

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A34

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A35

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A37

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A38

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A46

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A61
Marcos#127
VWSRT - Elite Member
Marcos#127

MensajeTema: Re: Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...]   Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] I_icon_minitimeDom Feb 14, 2010 3:23 pm

The end, sort of….

The owner graciously agreed to take the GT-R to nearby park (despite being on a tight time schedule and impending rain) to take even more photos!

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A39

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A40

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A41

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A42

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A43

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A45

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A47

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A54

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A53

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A51

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A50
Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A55

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A60

A good view of “depth” as defined by jetting or distortion from a carnauba wax is visible in this picture. To make the reflections crystal clear, I had to focus into the paint, which knocked the door handle out of focus. This is because the camera “sees” the reflection as much further away (or deeper) then the surface of the paint.

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] A58

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] B1

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] B10

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] B11

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] B2

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] B3

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] B9

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] B4

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] B5

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] B6

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] B7

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] B8
Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] B12
Bruno
VW Gol
Bruno

Masculino Mensajes : 335

MensajeTema: Re: Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...]   Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] I_icon_minitimeDom Feb 14, 2010 8:49 pm

buuu jajaja

terrible bicho cheee

después de como quedo no lo uso nunca mas jajajajaj
Herni#139
VWSRT - Elite Member
Herni#139

Masculino Mensajes : 1495

MensajeTema: Re: Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...]   Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] I_icon_minitimeDom Feb 14, 2010 9:32 pm

Me hacen muy mal estos post... son ENFERMANTES, que lindos laburos!!!
Ro#101
VWSRT - Elite Admin
Ro#101

Masculino Mensajes : 8896

MensajeTema: Re: Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...]   Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] I_icon_minitimeLun Feb 15, 2010 11:53 am

Terrible trabajo!

Y la verdad que el dueño andaba a pie! Mr Green Mr Green
Tincho GTi
VWSRT - Elite Member
Tincho GTi

Masculino Mensajes : 2465

MensajeTema: Re: Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...]   Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] I_icon_minitimeLun Feb 15, 2010 12:05 pm

:clap!: :clap!: :clap!: :clap!:

Para mi, uno de los autos mas hermosos que existen, se excede en TODO, facha y potencia, ME ENCANTA MAL.

Che, poco finas las lijas que usa el muchacho! Pasando la 2500 me siento carnicero!
Marcos#127
VWSRT - Elite Member
Marcos#127

MensajeTema: Re: Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...]   Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] I_icon_minitimeLun Feb 15, 2010 12:24 pm

Tincho GTi escribió:
Che, poco finas las lijas que usa el muchacho! Pasando la 2500 me siento carnicero!

ahi aparecio un comentario tecnico, si señor, jajaja

yo no le paso ni una hoja de papel a la pintura, soy muy cagon, jajaja
Tincho GTi
VWSRT - Elite Member
Tincho GTi

Masculino Mensajes : 2465

MensajeTema: Re: Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...]   Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] I_icon_minitimeLun Feb 15, 2010 12:30 pm

Marcos#127 escribió:

ahi aparecio un comentario tecnico, si señor, jajaja

yo no le paso ni una hoja de papel a la pintura, soy muy cagon, jajaja

Cuando la pintura es la original, es muy dificil que la laca tenga mucho espesor como para trabajar tranquilo con las lijas. Por eso la cagada de muchos coches que vienen de fabrica, con piel de naranja, no se pueden trabajar mucho.

Fijate la lijada de la trompa, es una mentira! Yo le enseño alijar jajajaj
tato_85
VW Golf
tato_85

Masculino Mensajes : 1218

MensajeTema: Re: Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...]   Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] I_icon_minitimeLun Feb 22, 2010 10:28 pm

Que pedazo de auto dios mio...
hernanandrea
VW Gol
hernanandrea

Masculino Mensajes : 211

MensajeTema: Re: Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...]   Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] I_icon_minitimeVie Feb 26, 2010 10:04 pm

Muy bueno, que lindo animalito.. Algun dia llegare... Saludos a todos...
Contenido patrocinado

MensajeTema: Re: Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...]   Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...] I_icon_minitime

Detail - Nisan GT-R [naves si las hay...]
Página 1 de 1.